This pomegranate/quinoa salad is refreshing and simple. It would make a nice holiday side dish because it has both red and green in it. Other recipes on the internet call for adding nuts and/or cheese, which would probably be good if those are safe for your diet. This recipe is delicious as-is. Because quinoa has lots of protein its a good dish to share with vegetarians as well.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water (to cook the quinoa)
- 1 cucumber, thinly diced
- arils/seeds from 1/2 a pomegranite
- 1/4 white or yellow onion, finely chopped
- salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice, to taste
Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Chop and combine remaining ingredients. When quinoa cools, add to the other ingredients. Serve cold.
Photo credit: Wiki Commons user Bob_pcc